We offer a range of Spandrel Glass options for use with curtain wall applications that allow the buildings entire exterior to be fully glazed. Its primary function is to cover construction elements in non-vision areas, such as hung ceilings or the edges of floor slabs.
Spandrel Glass can be glazed or used as a part of an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU) to provide the shadow effect of adjacent vision units. The colour choice can either complement or contrast depending on the coating or colour of the external glass. Spandrel Glass can be insulated to meet exacting standards.
Modern Glass has a variety of white options and a wide range of colours is available upon request. Please Note; Spandrel panels are not designed to be viewed in transmitted light and the resultant colour will vary depending on the thickness of the base glass. Please contact us for further advice.
Further aesthetic options available using screen printed glass. This provides options in design for privacy, obscuration and solar control. Both popular and custom purpose made designs are available on request and are costed accordingly. The designs can be applied to the whole panel or in selected areas to suit the application. Popular screen printed colours are Opaque White and Graphite although other colours can be used.
- Wide range of visual effects available
- Provides uniform curtain wall appearance
- Concealment of internal structure or services
- Insulation options to meet most performance requirements
- No discolouration by internal condensation or deposit of volatile
- Insulated panels available with choice of internal finishes
- Resists corrosion and chemical attack
- Easy to install with minimal maintenance